Sunday, October 17, 2010

Chapter: Those Days

Missing the days when the sun came out to play,
When burning rubber on bikes always made my day.
When power rangers in the morning got me all siked,
But Gargoyles at ten made my morning start out right.
When the world wasn't scary, but just a jungle to explore,
When playing outside was my one and only chore.
When ignorance didn't exist, just true pure innocence,
When cartoons were bliss, and candy equivalent.
When waking up early wasn't so hard,
Because I woke up excited to trade my Pokemon cards.
When evil didn't exist and people were nice,
When my house always smelled like chicken, beans, and rice.
When boys had cooties, but yet were my best friends,
When t-shirts, jeans and sneakers were the only trend.
When playing in the dirt was more natural than breathing,
When I would try to keep my eyes open while sneezing.
Missing the days when the sun came out to play,
Missing those days,
Sigh, let's go back to yesterday.

0 comments:

Post a Comment