Friday, December 3, 2010

Chapter: Talk To Me

You know what I miss? I miss talking to someone in person, and actually engaging in conversation stimulated by any thought that travels through our minds. I miss late night phone conversations about anything, that always broke night. I miss the undivided attention. Speaking through a social network or an instant-messaging system is just not as fulfilling. The physical presence of someone can not be duplicated, well at least the feeling it conveys. I'm not trying to whine or anything, but I feel like technology has kind of gotten in the way of things. People are so distracted nowadays, and it's nothing bad, I love reading articles about anything new and exciting or interesting, but I feel like the inquisitiveness of getting to know someone has dwindled. The eye contact, that look as if trying to reach your soul. Perhaps when you're in constant communication with someone it turns into routine rather than a genuine yearning to speak to them. Or maybe you just know them already? I don't know, I guess I'm just nostalgic.

0 comments:

Post a Comment