Monday, August 22, 2011

Chapter: Facebook Anonymous

So I think we're in a pretty cyber dependant era. Not in a sick way, but in a social network way if that makes any sense. I just realized a lot of us have this urge to check our facebooks, twitters or what ever kind of social profile we may have online wayyy too many times in a day. It's become sort of embedded in our daily routines. "I'm bored.." bam, check facebook. "I'm hungry.." bam, update twitter. I'm sure we've all thought about this and even forced ourselves to take breaks from the sites, but they're breaks. We relapse soon enough. I guess it's understandable seeing that we live in a time where a lot of networking is done online, but some of the time we spend online is unecessary. Scrolling down a newsfeed for hours. Telling twitter you're hungry. I know I sometimes go online and keep a tab open to facebook for no real reason, but to check back every five minutes or so. So what I want to know is why. What gives us that urge to check so frequently?

I don't know. Even facebook says people spend 700 billion minutes on it. Not each individual, everyone together. That's thousands of years. Woah. The answer is probably really simple, but I still don't understand. Oh well.

Just a thought.

0 comments:

Post a Comment