Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Chapter: Leave


I am being followed by this ache,
lulls me to sleep and is there as I wake,
kisses me goodnight, and greets me when day brakes.
If I could only see you, speak to you,
I'd tell you I'm not a toy, I don't want to be your host,
I feel you, but you come and go and are as tangible as a ghost,
And you make me tired, tired of living,
tired of tears, tired of decorating this life with lies
saying I'm happy, when in reality,
every smile is a cry.
A cry out to see who not only looks, but sees,
who sees my pain and grieves,
who cares to ask, but it isn't a need,
because they could tell simply by the way I breathe.
Leave me, please.
I never asked for you to come and for you to settle in me.
To clandestinely create a home in me,
To flourish with the tears you see.
You were never welcome,
so please, just leave.


0 comments:

Post a Comment