Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Chapter: Street Art




Out of the many street artists there are, I'd have to say Banksy is one of my favorites. Although the mystery is no more because his identity has already been revealed as Robert Gunningham, and he's a regular middle class guy, that shouldn't matter. It shouldn't really be about the artist or the person, but about the artwork. I just like the art. People get lost in their passion without being aware. They fall in love with the paint, the frames and all the other materials that contribute to art, actually not even. It isn't so much a materialistic problem, but a conceptual problem. They develop a love for the work they do, which by no means is bad, not at all, but they lose their true passion. Their inspiration. That inspiration or that light led them to want to show others what they see. Everyone uses different instruments. Whether it be a musical instrument, paint, a pencil, a pen, keyboard or even our own bodies. The ulterior purpose, is to show what we see, to express ourselves. And unfortunately a lot of people get lost in that. They become to into themselves, their personalities, and into their reputations. I'm not saying that having a passion for something is bad. What I'm saying is that we tend to forget what stimulated that passion, and if that happens, is the passion really a passion? See me?

But hey, not everything needs a reason behind it. That'd be a little boring. Besides, passions can simply be for a love of doing something, or would that be love? I'm not really sure. But I do love me some doodling and other random trinkets to life.


" The thing I hate most about advertising is that it attracts all the bright, creative, and ambitious young people, leaving us mainly with the slow, self-obsessed to become artists. Modern art is a disaster area. Never in the field of human history has so much been used by so many to say so little. " Banksy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment