Thursday, July 2, 2009

Chapter: Overprotective Parents

Ugh. My mother is one of a kind. She's just one those people who you'll never really ever get to fully comprehend. She's very overprotective, and I know that the origin of it is that she just cares about me, but she exaggerates. She literally tells me why do I not stay home and talk to my grandmother, my sister or my brother-in-law. One, I'm with them 24/7! Two, my brother-in-law is kind of dry and tends to give the silent treatment for no reason, which really rubs me the wrong way. Three, I talk to my sister enough, and most of the time she's busy watching Sex in the City or something, and four, my grandmother is cool, but she's kind of old.
I don't think my mother understands we're in the 21st century and it's perfectly healthy for me to go out and have friends. Socializing is good for the soul, at least I think so. She just misunderstands the reason for me wanting to go out. Its simply hanging out with friends, like that's against the law.
There's no point in arguing, why give the fire more fire. She thinks I think I'm perfect, just because I defend my reasoning well, which really gets me going. Don't you hate it when people put words in your mouth, and say things about you that are complete lies? I do.
This sucks. This really, really sucks. But whatever, hopefully when I'm in college she'll realize, she can't control my life forever. I just don't understand her. I love her, and I'm not saying that to make me look good or anything, I sincerely do. I know she'll give her life for mine without even thinking about it. But I guess we have clashing personalities, and that just makes communication the most difficult thing in this world. But we'll see how everything goes. I'm praying to God it won't be like this forever.

1 comment:

  1. it won't be like that forever...trust! college definitely helps!

    ps - this security code for comments is not on my good side so far...and Im a frequent commenter lol

    ReplyDelete