Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Chapter: Vitamin D Activation to the Extreme

K, so we all know why we get darker when we're in the sun, right? The UV rays from the sun trigger vitamin D synthesis in skin. And the UV rays activate the melanocytes in our skin, gradually making us turn into a darker shade. They say people with darker skin have a higher tolerance of the sun's damaging rays and can stand in the sun for hours without getting a sunburn.
That's not exactly what happened today.
Let's talk about how I got my first sunburn. Yay! No.
So, I went to the lake today with the kids and Movement City. I wasn't expecting to go in. But things didn't go as I planned. Thanks to Frandy and Jaime. =P
So whatever, I went in after forcefully being tossed in the water and ladi dadi dah. Time passed, and forgetful me forgot to put on sunscreen. Awesome. And now I'm sitting here with red shoulders, cheeks, nose and back. Terrific.
It stings so much! I feel as if the flesh on my face is going to melt off. Doesn't that sound appetizing?
But on the brighter side of things, I had fun. And at least my albino legs got some color to them today. Woop woop.

Cutie Sun Pictures, Images and Photos

0 comments:

Post a Comment